This Page will be updated frequently to help you plan the best visit back to your Alma-Mater.
Registration is required for alumni to attend. Once you have committied to coming, you may register online up until 11:59PM CT, on May 9th or in person on May 9th at the alumni check in area (location TBD). It is highly advised that you register ahead of time to ensure the most rewarding time. Registration is available online here https://sjms-oba.org/sjms-commencement-2019-alumni-registration/
Should you need to cancel or change your registration, please re-register and select the option to change your registration.
Commencement activities for Old Boys will be through May 9-11, 2019
Our Interactive schedule will show you details for various events, requirements, dress codes and any costs or additional registrations required. Due to the size of this years commencement, some activities will require pre-registration.
Click here for the Alumni Commencement Schedule
2/6/19 – A Letter from the Chairman of the Board of Trustees and President Click Here
2/12/19 – A Letter from the board of trustees. Click Here
2/15/19 – A letter from the Alumni (by Dale Browning) Click Here
2/19/19 – A letter from the OBA (regarding Registering for Commencement) Click Here
2/20/19 – A message from Mr. D. Dale Browning Click here
These hotels have offered special rates for SJMS during commencement weekend and/or blocked the rooms out for this event. Please call the hotels directly as rates and availability online or through their main reservations lines may show unavailable or incorrect.
This information was last updated 2/18/19 (Prices reflect nightly rate and do not include taxes/fees)
* Quality Inn (OBA events planned here) – 2110 W. Crawford St. – (785)404-6247 – Standard Room/Deluxe $69.99 suites $99 100 rooms blocked, and 38% full already
* LaQuinta Inn – 201 E. Diamond Dr – (785)827-9000 – Standard Room Rate $79.99
* Hilton Garden Inn – 3320 S. 9th St. – (785)309-0440 – Standard Room $119
* Econolodge – 1846 N. 9th St – (785)827-0356 – $54.99
* Ambassador Hotel and Conference Center – 1616 W Crawford St. – (785)823-1739 – $59.99
SJMS Gear and Replacement Items
Are you looking to stock up on SJMS gear or missing some items on your old Class A? Here’s a few places to help you in your search.
(Please note, the OBA does not endorse any of the websites listed here and is only providing these out of convenience. Should you have any issues with any of the vendors or contact information listed, please notify the OBA of the issues. – Thank you)
* www.prepsportswear.com This site carries a wide variety of gear from shirts, shorts, caps, sweatshirts, etc…
* www.rokkitwear.com Another site with standard SJMS apparel
* Jostens For Class Ring Replacements, later yearbooks, and SJMS Apparel
* www.vanguardmil.com– SJMS orders many uniform items from this site and it is recommended to order directly through them for replacement items
* Letter Pins – For Replacements – Contact Steve Young at
* SJMS Crest Pins- For Replacement Crest Pins – Contact Deb Feil at
Un-official Gatherings Offsite
Would you like to have a small gathering with just your class? Once you know the commencement weekend schedule, many hotels have small conference rooms available, or maybe you have a watering hole or other local spot that you want to announce an unofficial gathering at. Even if it’s shots at a local watering hole for your class, Register it Here before April 30, 2019.
To have a gathering place added to this site, please send the name of the establishment, address and phone number to
Matties Restaurant and Lounge Located at Econolodge – 1846 N. 9th St (785)515-5715
Chuck’s Bar – 600 N. Sante Fe Ave. (785)404-3225
Big Nose Kates – 121 N. Sante Fe Ave. (785)820-8872
Legends Sports Bar and Grill Located at Quality Inn – 2110 W. Crawford St. (785)825-6789
Please click This Link for a list of Old Boys’ that have registered. Due to privacy reasons, we will only be publishing names and will not provide contact information for individuals on this page.
(please note, this list is updated every 2 weeks)